At “The Last Truffle Class”, Executive Chef Michael Elfwing shared this sensational recipe that’s perfect for a light lunch or early breakfast, and is easy to prepare and quick to impress.
Recipe: Pemberton Trout with Truffle Aioli & Scrambled Eggs
Serves: 4 PREPARATION TIME: 30 minutes
4 fillets of rainbow trout
1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
TWC Truffle aioli
2 tbsp unsalted butter
30g fresh truffle
2 tbsp cream
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp unsalted butter
truffle sea salt & black pepper
1. Season trout with salt and chopped dill.
2. Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan and cook the trout, skin side down for 2-3 minutes, turn it over and cook for another 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep aside.
3. Whisk together eggs, cream and milk, grate the truffle into the mixture and give it a good stir. Pour in melted butter and transfer to non-stick frying pan.
4. Scramble the eggs over medium heat and remove from heat just before they are fully cooked.
4. Toast the sour dough then spread with the TWC truffle aioli, arrange scrambled eggs on the toast, top with the trout fillet and grate a little more fresh truffle over. Serve immediately.