We’re counting down the days to Christmas. Have you got your festive feast planned?
For a colourful addition to your family favourites, why not try the recipe for this simple yet stunning Golden Salad. It’s healthy, uses the best seasonal ingredients and will certainly add some Christmas cheer to the table.
Recipe: Golden Salad
Serves: 10 PREPARATION TIME: 60 minutes
5 small golden beetroots
10 baby carrots
½ butternut pumpkin, cut into triangles
100g cooked red rice
3tbsp roasted pumpkin seed oil
30g golden raisin or sultanas
1 red apple, sliced
3tbsp extra virgin canola oil
2tbsp cider vinegar or verjus
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Roast all the vegetables for about 20-30 mins until tender. Peel the beetroots with a paper towel to avoid stains, and leave the other vegetables as they are.
- Cut the apricots into quarters, and then in half again.
- Season the cooked red rice with salt and pumpkin seed oil. It should taste nice and nutty.
- Arrange the rice on a plate, then place the roasted vegetables on the rice. Scatter the sultanas then fill any gaps with apple slices.
- Drizzle with canola oil and cider vinegar and serve.