Recipe: Muscat Crème Caramel
Serves: 6-8 PREPARATION
TIME: 30 minutes
375ml muscat wine
120g castor sugar
3 whole eggs
9 egg yolks
700ml whipping cream
250g sugar for caramel
1. Heat your oven to 110c.
2. Bring muscat and 120g sugar to boil over medium heat.
3. Whisk the eggs and yolks in a bowl until well combined then pour in the muscat, whisking all the time.
4. Whisk in the cream and strain the mixture, skim off any bubbles with a spoon.
5. Pour the mix into ramekins or empty egg shells and bake in a water bath for about 30-40minutes or until set.
6. To make the caramel you will need to cook the sugar in a dry pan until it’s a dark amber color, once at this stage
add the water be careful not to get burnt from the boiling sugar.
7. Pour a thin layer of caramel in each ramekin and keep refrigerated until needed.