Experience the Margaret River region from above and fly a once in a lifetime helicopter tour with Scenic Helicopters. With flight options of various lengths of time, to more significant tailored experiences, there really is something for everyone.
All BOOKINGS through Cape Lodge
Season from November to April
firstname.lastname@example.org | 08 9755 6311
30 MINUTE FLIGHT
Coastal Dunsborough to Canal Rocks & around Cape Naturaliste
From $345 per person for 2 guests.
45 MINUTE FLIGHT
Coastal Dunsborough to Gracetown & around Cape Naturaliste
From $525 per person for 2 guests
1 HOUR FLIGHT
Coastal Dunsborough to Margaret River and around Cape Naturaliste
From $675 per person for 2 guests
Please note, pricing above is standard for tours departing Margaret River Airport, helicopter collection from Cape Lodge if desired is $490 additional.
HELICOPTER WINE TOUR
From $895pp – A sensational day out, from approx 10am to 4pm, including scenic coastal flight to 2 wineries for tasting, and a wine-matched degustation style lunch at a third location.
Locations to choose from:
- Aravina to Vasse Felix, with $490 Cape Lodge heli-collection
- Aravina to Leeuwin Estate / Voyager,
with $750 Cape Lodge heli-collection
- Cape Naturaliste to Leeuwin Estate / Voyager,
with $990 Cape Lodge heli-collection
All tours can also be tailored to unique guest itineraries upon advance request!
Perth transfers available to Jandakot (or Perth Airport on application) for $2950 one way, or return same day for $3500.
BEST OF MARGARET RIVER TOUR - Go In Style
Full Day | $425pp | Min 2 Guests | Departs 9.30am
This private tour in the comfort of either a Jaguar sedan or Mercedes Viano, centres activities around Wilyabrup, Yallingup and Dunsborough, perfectly highlighting the best of the northern section of the Margaret River Wine Region. Designed and offered exclusively for guests of Cape Lodge, this tour offers a wonderful day out at all times of year.
- The day begins with a short walk along the iconic Cape to Cape Track from Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse to Sugarloaf Rock. This is a beautiful, easy 45 minute stroll along a paved walkway, showcasing a very picturesque section of the Indian Ocean Coastline.
- A stop a Bunker Bay Beach House for a coffee + morning tea - this absolute beachfront cafe makes for a glorious pitstop.
- Visit 2 of Wilyabrup's premium wineries - Fraser Gallop and Woodlands for their signature tasting experiences.
- Lunch with matched wines at Vasse Felix - The Vasse Felix Restaurant offers a beautiful setting to indulge in regional flavours, textures and creative cuisine to complement the Wine Collection. The lunch menu is created from local, seasonal produce and changes frequently as new ingredients become available.
- Finally a stop at the delicious Gabriel Chocolates and Vasse Virgin Olive Oil's extensive shop and factory.
THE WINE & FOOD TOUR OF MARGARET RIVER with MYDRIVER
Full Day | $485pp for exclusivity with just 2 Guests
$355pp for between 4 to 6 guests
Available Wed to Sun | Depart 9.45am
This epicurean experience of the stunning Margaret River wine region takes you through a selection of boutique, icon and artisan wine producers, it is an adventure through all five senses - sight, smell, touch, hearing and taste and is ideal for those who love a sensory indulgence!
The day begins with an exclusive and unique wine pairing experience at Passel Estate, with each of their award winning wines paired with artisanal and handcrafted chocolate encased bon bon’s. We then head to Voyager Estate for an interactive tour of the vineyards and winery on board a Land-Rover ‘Defender’ followed by a portfolio wine tasting in the cellar door. From there you can take your healthy appetite through to the restaurant and experience a journey of the senses with their 4-course menu and a flight wine pairing. After lunch we could spend the afternoon exploring the regions burgeoning artisan wine making, craft brewing, distilleries and provedores or simply meander our way sedately back to your accommodation via a selection of galleries and stunning Margaret River land & beachscape, after a wonderful day of sensory indulgence.
ULTIMATE MARGARET RIVER DAY TOUR with MyDriver
Full Day | From $425pp*
*Will vary depending on Signature Experience selected, number of guests and time of the year
This private tour showcases the region's provenance through signature experiences, touching on grape growing, winemaking, food and wine pairing and including an exclusive and unique 'Behind the Scenes' with master potter Ian Benniston of Sensei Pots.
Includes a choice of one of the below signature experiences, followed by a behind the scenes exploration into the world of pottery and ceramic art with master potter, Ian Beniston:
- Voyager Estate: The Estate Tour with 4-course Menu
- Vasse Felix: The Epicurean Tour
- Leeuwin Estate: The Ultimate Seasonal Experience
Min 4 hours | From $105p/h
Design your own tour or let us tailor a unique itinerary to match your expectations. Sit back and relax, whilst a local host takes you exploring the Margaret River Region.
PRIVATE TWILIGHT DIDGERIDOO + CAVE TOUR
$350 per private tour | Maximum four people
Extra person + $65
Tours bookable 7 days a week upon request,
subject to availability.
Koomal Dreaming are now operating private 90 minute twilight tours for 2022!
Tours depart Ngilgi Cave at 5pm.
Discover ancient traditions and respect for the land whilst exploring ancient Ngilgi Cave on a uniquely private tour exclusively guided by Josh.
A wonderful cultural experience with Aboriginal learnings. Enjoy a short guided bushwalk identifying traditional medicine plants and learning the local Noongar connection with the region. Next venture into the Ngilgi cavern (pronounced Nil-ghee) to learn the Dreaming legends of the cave and hear a mesmerising didgeridoo performance.
Journey into Ngilgi Cave for Josh’s authentic storytelling of the Dreaming and a unique didgeridoo experience; this is the only place you’ll ever hear the ancient instrument through the awesome acoustics inside a cave.
Learn about the six Noongar seasons and how they influence what is hunted and gathered. Discover the art of traditional fire lighting and tool making, as Wadandi custodian Josh demonstrates how to create a spark by rubbing two sticks together and explains how his ancestors created the artifacts you can touch and feel.
Note: Ngilgi Cave is about a 15-20 minute drive from Cape Lodge, 250m past the Yallingup turnoff on Caves Rd.
THE MARGARET RIVER DISCOVERY TOUR
Full Day | $245pp | Min 2 | Mon to Fri | Depart 9.45am
It’s the wine and nature lovers’ experience with the works! If you only have a few days in the region and want to experience the best hidden gems, this is the tour for you.
Limited to only 6 guests, travelling in a luxury 4WD, this is "the tour for people who don’t do tours", hosted by WA Guide of the Year - Sean Blocksidge.
• Start the day with a canoe trip down a stunning section of the tranquil Margaret River. You won’t get wet, dirty or fall in. It’s a peaceful beginning to our day of highlights.
• We then head to the coast to see how the winemakers relax – a coffee while we check the surf at one of the region’s top beach breaks.
• Our next stop is an ancient waterhole to spot freshwater Marron and wildlife and to taste local honey while we reflect on Aboriginal history dating back more than 50,000 years.
• Lunch at one the region’s most celebrated emerging superstar wineries –Fraser Gallop Estate – is our next highlight. We have exclusive access to the working winery and vineyard and savour some of the best wines in the region matched with local produce while seated among barrels of ageing wine.
• We finish our day with a 4WD adventure and walk on a spectacular section of the Cape to Cape Track – the Wilyabrup Cliffs. We have special government approval to use a 4WD track that offers stunning cliff top views. High above the Indian Ocean the epic scenery, fresh sea breezes and surrounding ancient soils provide a deeper understanding of the unique terroir of the Margaret River region.
This tour is one of the region's most popular, generally selling out several weeks in advance. We suggest booking as early as possible.